Saturday, May 10, 2014

I Think Everybody Could Use Some Soup -- Bead Soup!

I can't believe that this is my sixth year participating in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party.  In a nut shell, just in case you are brand new to my blog, what this exciting project is about is getting many, many jewelry designs together to swap beads (the soup ingredients, which must contain a focal and a clasp as well as a few coordinating beads) and then design with the beads that you receive from your partner.  After a period of time, all the participants post pictures of their creations on their blogs -- the big reveal!  It's amazing that Lori can do all of this.  She is the hostess of this event, while dealing with health issues, being a mom and wife and running her own small business.  We all, both participants and viewers, owe Lori a slice of pie (at the very least) for all that she does for the jewelry design community.  Go visit her shops and show her some love, she deserves it!  On to the big reveal.
My partner this round, the 8th, is Sam Siegel of  Sam's Bead Shop.  Sam runs an amazing online bead store.  Boy did I get lucky!  First, I get paired with one of the few male participants, then it's someone who is very generous with his merchandise.  And what beautiful beads and findings.  Look for yourself.  Aren't they amazing.  I'm really not sure what anything is, except, I'm pretty sure that the focal is crazy lace agate.  Oh well, all I know is that everything is gorgeous!

The clasp and beadcaps that were in the mix are beautiful antiqued copper.  Just lovely!

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the reveal deadline because during the same timeframe as the party, I had two different procedures done to my back and hip and, well ... let's just say that I wasn't up to designing.  Just as I had written to Sam explaining why I wouldn't make the date, I took out the beautiful stones again and the idea for the necklace popped into my head. I got out the wire and the pliers and went to work.  Look how amazing my polymer beads went with the stones that Sam sent.  AMAZING!  I can picture this piece on one of the women in Downton Abbey.
Seriously, I can't believe how wonderful my beads blend so beautifully with these stones. I had some copper links on hand and wired together these earrings. This picture doesn't really show it, but the beads that are dangling there are the same rondelles from the soup that Sam sent.


I used the same links and rondelles in the bracelet.  I added some larger round beads that I had in my stash and used them with the coins that Sam sent.  I wired 12 little dangles to the chain and finished it with a simple copper toggle that I had.  This bracelet is fun and modern compared to the necklace, but I think all three pieces look lovely together.

I also used the rondelles and coins to create this macrame bangle.  The clasp is an antique leather button that I have had forever.  I knotted around some 20 gauge wire so that this wears like a bangle and to give the bracelet some stability on the wrist.

Well, that's it, I hope that you enjoy my pieces and have fun at this year's party.  Don't forget to visit the other designer's blogs and support us when you can. For information on purchasing any of the pieces you see here on my blog, just drop me an email, I would love to hear from you.  I will leave you with a picture of my sweet pup, Bosco, who enjoys watching television from my chair.  He thinks he is a tiny, little lap dog.  I better go join him.  Who could say "no" to that face?  Certainly not I.


44 comments:

  1. Very nice! I especially love the bracelet with the coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You do such beautiful work and I love what you did here with the beads I sent! Sorry I forgot to label everything though! The focal is picture jasper. The rondelles are agate. The large coins are red jasper. The double drilled beads are elephant jasper. And the 6mm rounds are czech druk. You really did a fantastic job creating my friend! I think I may need to get some more of your polymer pieces - they are stunning! Especially that heart you sent! WOW! And I hope you are doing better now after your surgery. All the best, ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your designs - so lovely - and the colors are scrumptious!! ;) Fantastic creations! Hope you are doing better - I'm headed for surgery this week (plan on blog hopping more as I recover!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very elegant and stunning projects!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower clasp is sooo cute! You have made lovely pieces with the nice beads Sam sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative, I enjoyed how the two sides of the bracelet are so different and work so well together. Great Soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing... I feel like I keep repeating myself- but sincerely... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED the bracelets and those earrings! They are just adorable. Oh, and your dog. =) Loved your sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that necklace is to die for! The colours are so calming and lush! And then you went on to create MORE beauties! Stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. . .how cool that your polymer beads matched the focal so perfectly! I think you did a great job with these very lovely stones from your partner. I really like both of your bracelets most of all. The first one because of the slight frilly-ness you gave it and the other because I can't resist jewelry with buttons on it for some reason!
    Here's hoping you are healing up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely natural elements. The necklace feels very soothing to me. Beautiful pieces, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Its funny how things work out...especially after you have had some procedures that I am sure were no fun. Your creation is just lovely and your polymer beads were a perfect match... Hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Those are great designs. I can't believe that you just threw them together while recovering from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your necklace is something that I would so wear to the beach. I just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 6 years, wow, lucky you!!! I love them all, I can't actually pick one, I really cant! I'd wear them all! And I hope you enjoyed your evening with your dog - you're right, that is one of those faces you can't say no too!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! Your beads are spectacular! How perfect to have your gorgeous pieces compliment the gemstones....instead of the other way around.....so GORGEOUS,

    Linda
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pieces, especially the bangle. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those pieces are wonderful, especially the necklace ! Glad your eureka moment came in spite of those procedures. Rest and recover well !

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first necklace ingredients were perfectly balanced- lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had some really beautiful stones and I love how you used them, th enecklace is so rich and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your designs are delightful. I can't imagine getting all that done after what you went through. I hope you are feeling better. Lovelovelove your polymer clay beads in that first necklace. And your little lap dog, Bosco, is quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice pieces of jewelry from your soup. I especially like the macrame bracelet. Hope you're recovering quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous necklace! Such soothing color.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy soup! And created some really lovely pieces! Soup-er!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, great soup. And you did a great job with it. Love the necklace and the last bracelet. Gorgeous pieces. I hope you recover soon from your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of your pieces are so pretty- the focal bead is gorgeous! Nicely done- Christie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, beautiful pieces!! You did a great job despite not feeling up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the first necklace! Your beads match it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your beads do go brilliantly with the stones. I would have never guessed they were polymer clay. great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! That necklace is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all so pretty I love the colours beautiful!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm like you, Sandi, not always sure of the names of stones (just know they are beautiful!) I love how you used this great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't believe that you made all these gorgeous designs while recovering from surgery. That is totally impressive. I really like the first necklace. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  34. hmmm love your soup! You had some good ingredients there but you sure rocked your recipe! I especially like your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful jewellery, love those colours... a bit beachy (-: Wishing you all the best after the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi, Great job with your soup. I like all of the pieces that you made. I really like your polymer beads.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful pieces, I love how something we have had around forever, works into the piece you are working on and just takes it over the top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love natural stones and pendants like that so these are really wonderful to me! You did a Great job putting them together and I really Like them! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I hope you're healing well. And I'm sorry, but forget the ladies from Downton Abby, I can totally picture this on me! lol I looked at the pictures before reading and I had no idea those beads were polymer. They go perfectly together. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very nice pieces. I love your knotting technique on the brown/beige bracelet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You never know when inspiration will strike :) Glad you made it to the reveal or we would have missed those inspirational creations! The necklace is gorgeous! I thought those beads of yours were glasswork - amazing! I love the diversified links on the matching bracelet and about the macrame around wire - such a great tip for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate each and every one!